Re: Missing?

In a message dated 1/1/02 10:59:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ju-bo@email.msn.com writes:

<< The Amaranth is sold in bundles as Jamaican spinach, Jamaicans use it (and
 not Colocasia leaves like we Trinidadians do) for THEIR 'calaloo', and folk
 in N. Florida call it 'pig-weed', and at least around my Trinidadian
 friend`s home compete w/ others in gathering it where it grows as a weed in
 newly ploughed or cleared ground!   I turned Mary Sizemore and Lynn Hannon
 on to it, they say it was THE best greens they have tasted! >>

Obviously, they have never tasted stinging nettle.  Amaranth is all right,
but nettle is better.

Jason Hernandez
Naturalist-at-Large