Re: x amazonica parent

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: x amazonica parent
  • From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:14:42 -0600 (CST)

I do not know if this make any difference in your DNA studies but I
suspect Polly is a polyploid sport of a diploid Alocasia X Amazonica
from a group of liners from a tissue culture lab. I isolated the
original one and Scott Hyndman put it into culture for me many years
ago.  Alocasia x Amazonica is a hybrid not a species.
The true parentage of the hybrid Alocasia X Amazonica has Alocasia
sanderiana on one side and either A. lowii or A. watsoniana on the

Denis at Silver Krome Gardens
Homestead Florida