Re: New book on aroids!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: New book on aroids!
  • From: Scott Hyndman <hyndman@aroid.org>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:16:50 -0600 (CST)

Dear Eduardo and All,

There is a way to get a fairly reliable online translation of the page
introducing the new book about the plants of Roberto Burle Marx that Eduardo
has kindly alerted us all to.  Just enter the nonframes URL for the
Portuguese page at http://www.plantarum.com.br/prod07.html into Alta Vista's
URL-to-translate window at http://world.altavista.com/tr while specifying a
Portuguese to English translation.  The resulting translation is not
perfect, but at least the page is readable for the Portuguese challenged Web
surfers like me.  The server hosting pantarum.com.br was very slow when I
tried this, probably due to all the Aroid-L subscriber traffic to the site!

Best regards,  Scott
Scott Hyndman, President
International Aroid Society
Homepage: http://www.aroid.org/