Re: x amazonica parent

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: x amazonica parent
  • From: "Dany Hervelle" <bs246466@skynet.be>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:50:23 -0600 (CST)

I have learn the same about alocasia 'polly',a polypoid for of a x
amazonica' issuue
from tc
alocasia x amazonica is regulary say like an hybrid between a lowii and a
I never have see anything that it may be a cross between a watsoniana and a
sanderana but i never have try the cross...But like Dr Alistair Hay have
reduced several
species of the' longiloba group' in one species(very variable,like we have
now alocasia
longiloba 'lowii',longiloba 'watsoniana',longiloba 'longiloba',longiloba
'korthalsii' etc..)
So we can suppose now that it is a cross between alocasia longiloba and

regards to all