Re: New book on aroids!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: New book on aroids!
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" <edggon@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:51:02 -0600 (CST)

Dear Scott,

    I can give you a free "Tarzan" translation of that description. I am not
so good with the English, but I do understand Portuguese!

    "Roberto Burle Marx, passed away in July 4th, 1994, was one of the
biggest landscape designers of the century 20th, and the biggest anytime in
Brazil. This book deal with plants collected or used by him in his almost
1000 landscape projects done in his lifetime. It [this book] was a result of
3 years of work and studies, mainly concentrated at his small farm in
Guaratiba - Rio de Janeiro. During more than 50 years he cultivated
potentially ornamental plants, brought from all over the tropical world,
mainly from Brazil. Many of these plants still preserved in his Sanctuary in
Guaratiba was tryed and used on his landscapes in Brazil and abroad.

   Features:
Dimensions (closed): 31 x 21 cm
Cover: Hard cover in 4 colors
960 species, two per page.
960 colorful pictures
Paper smooth "couche", 115 g [/cm2?]
Pages: 496"

    So most of the page is here, a little better than altavista's. Enjoy it.

                          Até mais,

                                   Eduardo.