  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: RE: A-R-I-S-A-E-M-A
  • From: "Cooper, Susan L." <SLCooper@scj.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:29:02 -0600 (CST)

Sorry I can't help you, I say Air-riss-see-ma.  But then I pronounce most
most aroid words wrong.
Even guttatum, which I misspelled on a label years ago as guttam, and have
thought of it that way since!

I just wanted to say I followed your link to the Frederik Meijer Gardens,
they look very nice.  I especially like the 360 degree view of the Lena
Meijer Conservatory.  I spun around until I fell off my chair.

Well, the Grower here and I are wondering exactly how to pronounce Arisaema?
I say it is Air-a-see-ma and he says it is A-riss-a-ee-ma.  Now being
educated you would think we would know, but apparently not.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Michael Bosold
Outdoor Horticulturist
Frederik Meijer Gardens