It was Tom Croat who noticed my orphan Typhonium guttams looking for good
homes at the IAS meeting in FL this fall. He said, "Oh, I don't have any of
those- I have guttatum, though".  I was mortified by my error but he didn't
seem to notice, or care!

I've mispronounced plenty of things around you too, Dewey.  And you have
heard me say many times, "Oh, is that how you say it?"
If it is longer than two syllables and I don't grow it, I don't pronounce
it.... my brain just says, "Oh yeah, that thing!" whatever the plant
happens to be.  One of my many failings!