Re: A-R-I-S-A-E-M-A

In a message dated Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:04:58 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Ron
Iles" <roniles@eircom.net> writes:

American"English" up with
> which Ay will not poot

StellrJ@aol.com wrote on Sunday, January 13, 2002 5:15 PM

Finally, someone who knows the proper usage of prepositions!  Dare I hope
you would never split an infinitive, either?

Ron replied

Goodness Gracious!   Spring must be coming -  Sap seems to be rising again
on Arochat even in Arisaema.  A Yank understanding a Brit, miraculous.   In
answer to your stylish rhetoric, I find that when actually splitting
infinitives or not, the maximum variety of both proper & improper (taboo?)
pre-positions is most stimulating.    Mr. Moderator I hope I am not
perceived as guilty of enflaming   Spathiphiles.

Ron (Perfumed Garden)