alocasia DNA

Dear Denis
f a diploid has say 10 pg of DNA per nucleus then a triploid will
have 15 and a tetraploid 20 pg. The number of chromosomes is
irrelevant as it only tells in how much pieces the total amount is
divided. The method is usually not sensitive enough to reveal
aneuploidy  ie a few chromosomes more or less. As it is for me
about the same amount of work just send all ten you named. I only
need a small amount of  fresh material being part of a leaf, petiole
or root. Best is to wrap them in plastic, but dont close the bag else
they will suffocate Dont use paper as it will dry them out too much
Just send them to the adress below as: Herbarium material for
Scientific study. No further paper work required So far it always
worked Let me know in advance when you send them.
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands