Hosta ?? jonEsii

In my humble opinion: As soon as a woord is latinized as in
naming species it should be pronounced as such irrespective the
source That is why I prefer not to say Hosta jonesii in the english
way but always say JonEsii  ( with the E as the a in in Take and
also with two times the same sound at the end prounced as the ea
in peat)
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden