Beauty Contest

Attention fellow aroiders. This launches an exhiting adventure.
We realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Beauty is a
subjective matter.  Yet. we also realize that many plants exhibit
characteristics which appeal to our aesthetics in a fundamental way.  The
goal of this activity is to provide you with an idea of  the degree of
beauty that growers like yourself accord certain aroids.  Three groups of
aroids will be surveyed:  The Anthurium, the Philodendron, and all other
aroids.  Your participation is sincerely requested.  All you need to do is
list the 5 Anthurium and the 5 Philodendron you feel that are the most
beautiful, with the most beautiful at the top of the list.  First place on
your list will be awarded 5 points, second place 4 points, third place 3
points, etc.  The total number of points accrued by a plant will be
expressed as a percentage of the total points in the survey.  The other
aroids category is so large that we would like to ask for the top 10, and we
will use the same point system for ranking your list.  If you can only think
of a few in each of the three categories, or in only a single category,
please send in your nominations any way.  The more participation we have in
the survey, the more interesting  the results.

Please feel free to discuss your nominations or ask questions on Aroid-L if
you wish.  You may e-mail your lists to Joe Wright at durightmm@aol.com or
snail mail them to:

Joe Wright
5550 Dana Road