Bugs! (slightly off topic)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Bugs! (slightly off topic)
  • From: "Cooper, Susan L." <SLCooper@scj.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:40:52 -0600 (CST)

This isn't for ants, but I was listening to a lady being interviewed on the
radio today- she lived in a very old schoolhouse that was INFESTED with
brown recluse spiders.  If you have never heard of these monsters, they have
a poisonous bite that will leave a BIG hole and they can even kill.

Anyhow, the woman being interviewed said she spent over $2,000 on 2
different exterminating companies, to no avail.  She ended up getting an
electronic device off QVC (television sales) that plugs into an outlet and
somehow sends out electronic impulses that affect the central nervous
systems of these creatures and either drives them off or kills them.
Anyhow,  her spiders are gone.
Usually I pooh-pooh these devices, but this woman  convinced me!
I wonder if something like this would work in a greenhouse, and what bugs it
would affect?  I suppose outdoors it might not work as well.

-Just my usual 2 cents (usually worth much less)