Re: DO NOT use "miracle ant chalk" Was Re: Ants! Every kind, Everywhere!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: DO NOT use "miracle ant chalk" Was Re: Ants! Every kind, Everywhere!
  • From: StellrJ@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:21:17 -0600 (CST)

In a message dated Wed, 23 Jan 2002  4:44:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, Piabinha@aol.com writes:

> i tried this stuff years ago when people would swear by it for roaches.  it didn't work.  so not only is this stuff poisonous, it doesn't seem to work.

Maybe that's because it isn't called Miracle Roach Chalk.  A product designed for ants may legitimately be ineffective on roaches.  To get back to the "homicidal" bit -- is any other chemical pesticide any safer around toddlers?  Numerous household products can kill toddlers, but we do not say it is homicidal to use them for their intended purposes.

Jason Hernandez
Naturalist-at-Large