Re: Xanthosoma 'Microdot'

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Xanthosoma 'Microdot'
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:29:13 -0600 (CST)

----- Original Message -----
From: Andy Cabe <acabe@Riverbanks.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 3:54 PM
Subject: Xanthosoma 'Microdot'

Dear Andy,

This is a new one to me!    Where did the reference to this plant/name
originate??   It may be an Alocasia or Caladium  sp., lots of mislabeling in
the Hort. buisness.   The only Xanthosoma that I know of w/ 'dots' is a
small wild species called X. conspurcatum that we saw in Fr. Guyane, it had
white dots/spots on its leaves.   Please keep us informed if you obtain or
have ANY information on where you first saw this name applied to a
Xanthosoma sp.

Best wishes,

Julius Boos
ju-bo@msn.com

>>Hello,

Is anyone familiar with a plant called Xanthosoma 'Microdot'.  I'm
interested in getting some info on it.  I haven't found a reference to it
anywhere.

Thanks,

                                                            Andy