Re: Ants! Every kind, Everywhere!

  • Subject: Re: Ants! Every kind, Everywhere!
  • From: "john s. smolowe" <johnsmolowe@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:21:13 -0600 (CST)

off the record, there is a chinese product called "miracle ant chalk" that comes 2 three-inch sticks of white chalk per $2 yellow and orange cardboard box. it is not licensed and therefore not available from nurseries, but can be found
in chinatown groceries in major cities. it is said to contain pyrethrum or pyrethroids. works well indoors or on clay pots - just a single line across the ants column leads to the death of hundreds within hours. might be impractical on
dirt and probably not good to use if toddlers are around as it looks just like blackboard chalk.

john smolowe