  • Subject: Xanthosoma
  • From: "brian williams" <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:58:18 -0600 (CST)

Hello well I have not bugged the group in sometime so I thought I would fish
for a few plants I would like to get. By the way my greenhouse is doing
great. Working on the rock walls each side is  75ft long and 10ft tall its
going to take me a long time. But I am off to a good start with the
foundation and all. I plan to take pics of my progress.

Well, I have had great success with many Xanthosomas and have seen PICS and
heard of larger forms with colorful stems and leafs. Some that look like
caladiums as well as huged leaf forms that dwarf most aroids.

Now I have manly the most common forms out there that are eaten and a few
ornamental forms. I would like to know if anyone has any other forms growing
and most of all pups to spare in a trade or sell.

Looking up Xanthosoma on the net I found many names that I don't know of.
Here is a list I put a star next to the ones I have. THANKS

10938   Xanthosoma alberttii
10939   Xanthosoma atrovirens * I believe i have one or two forms of this
10940   Xanthosoma belophyllum
10941   Xanthosoma brasiliense
10942   Xanthosoma caracu
17600   Xanthosoma helleborifolium
10943   Xanthosoma jacquini * I have the common mutated leaf form
10944   Xanthosoma mafaffa * the yellow form I have
78671   Xanthosoma robusta
10945   Xanthosoma robustum
2168    Xanthosoma sagittifolium*
2169    Xanthosoma sp.