Re: P. tortum a.k.a. 'spider Philo., etc.

  • Subject: Re: P. tortum a.k.a. 'spider Philo., etc.
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:10:07 -0600 (CST)

----- Original Message -----
From: brian williams <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 4:00 PM

Dear Brian and Friends,

Thanks VERY much for posting this photo, as I believe it illustrates
immature specimens of the two collections of the same species ( Philodendron
tortum), one with wider leaf divisions than the other that Mr. Merkle has
been growing for many years, and selling as two different species, but in
error.   Hopefully Dr. Croat can and will confirm what I believe to be
correct, and I understand that there may be an article w/ photos on the next
IAS Newsletter of true Philodendron distantilobum, which should be the FINAL
hurdle that clears up ALL the confusion surrounding P. tortum!!!
Thanks again for posting the photo.
Sincerely,

Julius

>>I believe I have the plant you are talking about. But I have two philos
that
look almost a like. I thought they were the same plant till I looked closer.
Here is a PIC of both plants side by side. If at let me know the names to
both I have label's but I believe they both say P. distantilobum or ferns
leafs philo. THANKS
link to pic

http://www.angelfire.com/ky2/bwilliams/images/dc6.jpg