Re: Philo. torturom ?

  • Subject: Re: Philo. torturom ?
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:58:54 -0600 (CST)

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Pascall <mpascall@ledanet.com.au>
To: Julius Boos <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2002 5:59 AM
Subject: Philo. torturom ?

Dear Michael,

The BEAUTIFUL plant in the photo you so kindly sent to me sure looks EXACTLY
like the fine leaf/fern leaf var. or form of Philodendron tortum Mayo &
Soares (in press) that we have been having so much fun with on the aroid
list!   When you speak with or see Neil, ask him to check for the large,
unmistakable curved 'claw' at the base of the leaf.   I`d also be curious if
that adult plant is now in bloom like all the adult plants seem to be here
in the USA, or if perhaps it has managed to change it`s blooming 'cycle'
because of being 'down under'.    I do not believe the number of leaflets
really are important, I can count about 12 or 13 per side on a couple leaves
in your photo, and this matches the number of leaflets I`ve sen on all adult
plants of BOTH forms.
Unless you 'scream' I'm going to try to have this photo posted on a web
site, I believe it and others I`ve received may be of interest to some
Thanks again for sharing this with me!

>>Julius , here is a pic of what we have been calling P.'Elegantissima'
have discussed this with Neil Crafter who has lots of reference material on
Will check some of the mature plants we have and count leaflets and measure
infl .
get back to you , with details . Michael Pascall<<