Re: [aroid-l] Artificial trees

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Artificial trees
  • From: Harry Witmore harrywitmore@witmore.net
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:47:50 -0500

I have been successful gluing Tillandsias with Goop but when the older leaves begin to turn brown they normally let go. The hope is that they would have attached themselves by then. I have also fishing line but it doesn't look very good as you said. I have also had good success using a lightweight galvanized wire. I wrap it around the base and then thread that down to the object your attaching it to. This has worked well in the past and I have some that are 4 years old which are doing very well done this way. If your afraid of galvanized wire ( I've heard some say it's poison to Bromes) you could use plastic coated wire.

As for the rotting bark, well, it's just makes a mess and doesn't help much but the plants on the ground below the tree.