Re: [aroid-l] thanks for the seed!

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] thanks for the seed!
  • From: Paul Tyerman ptyerman@ozemail.com.au
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:16:45 +1100

At 08:32  19/01/03 -0800, you wrote:
>I LOST THE ENVELOPE! but some kind soul sent me seed of Anchomanes
>dalzielli and A. yunnanensis! and i wanted to say thanks, and i waited
>hoping the envelope would show up in the mulch on my desk, but it did not,

Hermine,

I think you have Wilbert to thank for those.  I think a LOT of us have
Wilbert to thank for those <grin>.

I received the Anchomanes dalzellii and I'm patiently waiting for them to
put their little heads above ground.  Waiting, Waiting, Waiting....

Last year I received seed from Wilbert of Am. lewallei and I have 4 little
plants growing along.  One is dormant at the moment and I repotted, finding
a tuber about an inch wide with 5 growth points on it.  Does anyone know if
this is normal for Am. lewallei?  There looks like 2 points on the tuber,
plus three tiny tubers sitting on the outside, each with a tiny growth
point.  I haven't messed with the otehrs to check but this was a nice
surprise to see it going so well.  THANK YOU WILBERT!!

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
mailto:ptyerman@ozemail.com.au

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Cyclamen, Crocus,
Cyrtanthus, Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything
else that doesn't move!!!!!