[aroid-l] Finally Boilers running!!!

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Finally Boilers running!!!
  • From: "brian williams" pugturd50@hotmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:51:08 -0500

Well, today we got the boiler up and running. I can now keep the temps in the greenhouses easily at 70F. I will also be heating the soil from underneath in the beds of the conservatory as well as the ponds to about 65 to 80 depending on what I need. The boiler runs off of wood and pumps heated water threw pipes that then go into a radiator type deal with a fan. The boiler is called Heatmore and the place to put the wood in is large enough that I could crawl in it and work on the inside. Fully loaded it can burn for 1 to 2 days. It controls air intake and fan control of the fire. So if it gets to hot it will cool itself down not hot enough will blow air to the fire. The whole deal cost about 13,000 dollars and can heat my 80ft long 30ft wide 22ft tall greenhouse as well as my fathers 60 X60 greenhouse. It is still possible to heat another greenhouse with it. If anyone is interested in the boilers I can send the info on them.