Re: [aroid-l] boiler, brian's greenhouse

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] boiler, brian's greenhouse
  • From: "brian williams" pugturd50@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:45:53 -0500

My father being a palm tree collector has a few thousand palms in his greenhouse. Their are many in large pots around the nursery in the summer but a few manly two or three species get to spend the winter outside. They are protected with large plastic tent like structures using PVC and poly. They have lights in them for the cold nights. Usually turning the lights on if it gets below 5F. He has been growing palms like this from the time I was born. A few larger 15ft palms we and cycads are planted out with a weed guard cloth under them. We move them in and out each year. Makes them look like they have always been their. Not many people willing to do what we do but each year we get to redo the whole landscape and start over LOL. Oh as for the boiler its awesome 70f at night in the greenhouses.