[aroid-l] Hardy forest aroids

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Hardy forest aroids
  • From: Brian Williams pugturd@alltel.net
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 16:25:06 -0500

I am looking for a few north american hardy aroids which seem very hard to fine locally or in nurseries. My family nursery plans to expand and we have bought the 5 acres behind our nursery. At the end of the property is a wooded area with a fairly large creek. I hope to transform it into a very nice woodland garden using unusual hardy tropicals and hardy plants. Here are some aroids that I would like to get if any one has seeds or plants to spare thanks.

Calla palustris
I have never seen or know any one who grows this but would be interested in finding it Calla montana

Lysichiton americanus. I have seen a few forms of this and the more the better. Does anyone grow these or know of wild forms? I have seen pics of highly veined forms or unusually large forms.

Peltandra virginica I have maybe a few small ones of this but have heard of different forms anyone growing them?

Symplocarpus I have seen two forms ones with yellow flowers and some with red as well as in-between anyone growing these?

Would be willing to by or trade for starts of these if anyone has them please contact me THANKS