[aroid-l] Alocasia pollination & pollen storage tips?
- Subject: [aroid-l] Alocasia pollination & pollen storage tips?
- From: "Eugene Hoh" email@example.com
- Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:44:22 +1100
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcPczFNrencDgIG6Q2KXp0/WCJjfSA==
- Thread-topic: Alocasia pollination & pollen storage tips?
I have an Alocasia longiloba 'Lowii' starting to bloom (the first of 2 inflorescences is now opening) and would like to cross-pollinate it, perhaps with the local wild species, A. brisbanensis. Unfortunately most Alocasias in Sydney gardens seem to have finished flowering now. But if I'm lucky enough to find a very late-blooming plant shedding pollen, I'd like to keep some for long enough to pollinate both A. longiloba inflorescences.
So - does anyone have any tips to share on Alocasia pollination and pollen storage?
p.s. I was meant to post some (backyard hack) tips on pollinating Philodendron but actually got too busy with my own plants - however I can do so if anyone's still interested.
Other Mailing lists |
Author Index |
Date Index |
Subject Index |