Re: [Aroid-l] Unknown aroid

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Unknown aroid
  • From: "Peter Boyce" botanist@malesiana.com
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 09:49:30 +0800

Hi Brian

Alocasia hypnosa J. T. Yin, Y. H. Wang & Z. F. Xu. It was described last year from Yunnan but I've seen and collected it N Thailand (as has Alan Galloway) and I've also seen it in N Laos. In the wild it grows in humus-filled pockets in limestone cliffs with the long stolons colonizing adjacent pockets. Another curious feature is that it's deciduous in the wild, dieing back just like an Arum in the dry season (May - October).

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Williams" <pugturd@alltel.net>