RE: [Aroid-l] Philodendron Help

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Philodendron Help
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 17:23:19 -0600

Dear Harry:

            Both are Syngonium, most likely S. chiapense.  It is true that Syngonium macrophyllum has entire, ovate blades when quite juvenile but those leaves are sort of subrounded.  I am not sure what the intermediate forms are but the adult blades are more like the plant in the background of your image.

Tom

Tom Croat, P. A. Schulze Curator of Botany

Missouri Botanical Garden

Box 299, St. Louis, Missouri 63116

(314) 577-5163

Thomas.Croat@mobot.org