Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus coaetaneus

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus coaetaneus
  • From: "Russell Coker" <cokerra@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 21:32:56 -0600

Thanks Allan and Wilbert.

I think the rot problems I had with these Chen Yi tubers comes from the fact that they arrived more decapitated than dormant, just like her "tropical" Arisaemas. Its really tough fighting that rot, I guess I was lucky to save this one last year. I'm still trying to figure out the right way to handle the Arisaemas.

My solution was to pot these problem tubers/rhizomes in a course mix of sifted gravel and pine bark. What are y'all growing yours in? Now that things seem stable, should I move it to a different mix or just leave it alone?

Russell

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Tetzlaff" <atetzlaff@rogers.com>