[Aroid-l] Virus in Araceae

Dear All,
My professor in the Uni is researching in Viruses.
I have got virus in my Typhonium giganteum, Zantedeschia albomaculata and Z. rehmannii.
Sypthoms: reduced tuber growth, spathe distortion, leaf mosaic, wavy leaf, rounder leafshape (Z. rehmannii) and increased offset production. The sympthomes are not allways visible sometimes only one or two of them on a plant.
Unfortunately they are now in dormancy, so we cannot check and identify the viruses with a scanning electro microscope, or with PCR.
I would like to ask you kindly if anybody know any virus which can infect Araceae. To help us finding a marker or primer for the survey, please?
Maybe a student will do a thesis about this to see what percent of the tubers are infected on the market.
Thank you for your kind! I attach a picture of the spathe distortion.
Any information is very wellcome!

Aroid-l mailing list