RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium 'Lazarz'

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium 'Lazarz'
  • From: "Denis Rotolante" <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 08:52:38 -0500

It looks like a anth. watermaliense hybrid we did a few years ago.
Excelsa Gardens has been producing it for about 5 years.  It has a
blackish flower which is the biggest tip off that it is a watermaiense
hybrid.  When we made the hybrid it was with anth. tarapotense and anth.
watermaliense.  When you hybridize with watermaliense and most birdnest
varieties they turn out looking like what they are calling lazarz.
                      Bill Rotolante