Re: self heading Philodendron ID

  • Subject: Re: self heading Philodendron ID
  • From: Eric Schmidt <leu242@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:07:46 -0800 (PST)

We only got down to 31F for an hour or so, so I doubt
the plants were bothered at all. Judging from the size
of the clump and age of the neighborhood they were
probably planted early to mid 1970's. They would have
survived the 3 big freezes in the 1980s, esp. 12/89
when there were 2 nights at 19-20F here. They probably
froze to the ground as a majority of the P.
bipinnatifidum and P. x evansii did at that time.

I thought P. eichleri was a species not a hybrid. Kew
lists it as a synonum for P. undulatum.

Eric
Orlando,FL z9b/10a