Re: What is Aneuploidy?

Dear Surawit,

Thank you for your reply. It looks like there is much information"out there" about this science that has been hidden from me all these years. I think I'll try Leland's advice as well, and think about what you have written.

My response is humble and I have a number of new questions now that will only add to my perplexity. Here are a few.

1. How reliable are chromosome counts, statistically? How many cells do you need to count before you are satisfied that you have the right number?
2. Is it possible to have a nuisance cell or two that show a different count from others from the same plant? I mean, what do you do if you count, say 20 cells with 2n = 40 and one with 2n = 42?
3. How easy is it to break a chromosome in the process of performing the preparation and root tip crush?

I'd better stop now.

Aroid-L mailing list