aroid recommendations

  • Subject: aroid recommendations
  • From: Tindomul Er-Murazor <tindomul1of9@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:48:20 -0800 (PST)

Hello Marek,

I was able to grow a plant sold to me as Typhonium varians under 6 T5, 54 watt, 4100K grow lights. So, it very easy I think to grow this species under artificial lighting.

Typhonium, Dracunculus and other "coloured" tuberous aroids are
insufficient to grow indoors. They require a lot of light. I grew a few years
ago an Arisaema amurense -
http://www.wschowa.com/abrimaal/araceum/arisaema/arisaema1.htm at home without
additional lighting, just on the window and it bloomed normally. The easiest
Arisaema I think is A. flavum but it needs to spend a winter in a cold place.

I don't recommend Spathiphyllum if you are a botanist. All plants sold in
the shops are cultivars.

Aroid-L mailing list