Re: Aroid-L Digest, Vol 54, Issue 30

  • Subject: Re: Aroid-L Digest, Vol 54, Issue 30
  • From: Tindomul Er-Murazor <tindomul1of9@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:16:03 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
I would only suggest Cryptocorynes and Anubias as aqautic aroids for the aquarium.  Pistia requires lots and lots of light.  Spathyphyllum I am sure would eventually rot, although I keep one as a marginal plant in a frog terrarium.  The other two genera I will let others chime in as I don't have any experience with those.

Good luck.
If you want to grow plants in aquariums but you don't know how to you can visit the Aquatic Plant Central, which is a nice forum on how to grow planted tanks, and has a great subforum on growing Cryptocorynes.

Message: 3