Re: Anthurium "Whitelockii"...update?

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium "Whitelockii"...update?
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:42:40 -0800 (PST)

Dear Jared,

I found an Anthurium species that may be what you received from Rancho
Soledad.  It is Anthurium andicola, a variable species from Mexico.  that would also make sense since Loran Whitelock collected many species from Mexico.  It has similar form to the plant you have illustrated, but, the description mentions it's variablility.  When your plant flowers, could you post a photo?