Amorphophallus pollen storage

  • Subject: Amorphophallus pollen storage
  • From: "Motta, Marco" <Marco.Motta@andrew.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:36:20 +0000

I have some Amorphophallus ready to flower, but not same species and not in the same time.

I will try to store pollen in the refrigerator at -18°C.

I have read and download some article from Aroid web site but no one has solved my doubt.

There is a standard procedure to freeze the pollen?

Work for any species?

I know that there are binucleate and trinucleate kind of pollen, reading the article “year 2003 N° 26 Page 27-32 Marc Gibernau, D. Macquart, A. Diaz Pollen viability and longevity in two species of Arum”, the viability is different, but the article is related to short time storage.

I wonder if this difference could afflict also long term storage.

I wonder also if there is a table that for every species of Amorphophallus give the kind of pollen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Marco Motta

Testing Automation Software test Eng.

Andrew Solutions