Re: Phyllotaenium

Dear All:  I was not aware that this species was placed back in Phyllotaenium André but it clearly does not fit well among the other typical Caladium species and was transferred to Caladium lindenii by Madison as late as 1981. He moved it into Caladium from Xanthosoma where it clearly did not fit either.  This will bump the number of neotropical genera by one but will still not displace Asia as the most generically rich part of the World for Araceae.

Tom

From: aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of Peter Boyce
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 5:47 PM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Phyllotaenium

Hi Anna,

Check with Eduardo on this - it was added to the Ueberlist on his consultation.

Peter

On 10 January 2014 20:05, Anna Haigh <aroidhaigh@gmail.com> wrote:

I see in several places (incluing the Uberlist) Phyllotaenium lindenii is now considered an accepted name for what was in Caladium. However I cannot find any references for this. Can anyone let me know if there is a publication, or if not, who has resurrected it any reasoning behind this?

Many thanks,

Anna