Re: Introduction / true to species material of Anthurium scherzerianum

  • Subject: Re: Introduction / true to species material of Anthurium scherzerianum
  • From: Tom Croat <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 00:34:43 +0000

John:  Atlanta Botanical Garden invested in an impressive cooling system so they can actually grow cloud forest species.  In St. Louis we rely only on wet cells which have limited cooling properties when you have super high humidy in our hot summers.  Atlanta would be even worse, hotter that is than we are without  their new cooling system.

Tom