help with aroid identification

  • Subject: help with aroid identification
  • From: Nancy Greig <ngreig@hmns.org>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 20:49:02 +0000

Dear Friends,

We have a number of aroids in our “rainforest” housing our live butterflies.  Some of them have lost their labels, others were acquired randomly over the years, etc., so there are a number for which we do not have identifications.  I imagine most of them will be fairly common species, but I am not an aroid expert…  Would it be okay for me to post photos on this listserve to see if other members can identify them for us (we are trying to identify and label all of our plant collection)?

If not, does anyone have a suggestion for an all-around aroid expert to whom I could send photos of our unnamed specimens?

Thank you all very much!

Cheers,

Nancy

Nancy Greig