Re: A. sazensoo

Jan:

        Somewhere in the old literature, Arisaema sikokianum was confused
with A. sazensoo...perhaps some of our more literary collegues can expound
further on the source of the confusion.  Since we grow and have flowered
both here, I can assure you that they are very different.  The primary
difference appears that the spathe tip hangs far down over the pitcher in A.
sazensoo, while the spathe tip in A. sikokianum is held upright.  There
should finally be enough A. sazensoo in the country for all the patiently
waiting collectors.

-tony avent
plant delights nursery
raleigh, NC