Re: 2 Philodendron translations

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Todd Ruth wrote:

> 2 more name translations.  These also come from the Huntington.
> Could someone please translate Philodendron 'Evansii' and
> Philodendron 'Imbe' to species names?  My guess would be the
> the first is a cultivar of Selloum, but I'd like to know for
> sure.  As long as I'm asking, could anyone confirm Philodendron
> Sagittifolium as a current name?
>
> I took some pictures while I was there with the idea of starting
> a photo album of aroids I've seen and I'd like to get the
> labels right.
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

Dear Todd,

Philodendron 'Imbe' is _Philodendron imbe_ Schott (if it is the same
species I know from Southeastern Brazil). There is a _Philodendron
sagittifolium_Liebm. from Mexico but I really don't know if the name is
still valid. Philodendron 'Evansii' isn't a true species but a cultivated
hybrid of _Philodendron bipinnatifidum_Schott ex Endlicher x _Philodendron
undulatum_Engler.

Hope it helps,

Eduardo.