Re: growing under flourescents

At 11:02 AM 1/16/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I just changed jobs and moved from an office with fairly decent outside
>light to a cublicle that is lit only by flourescent ceiling lights
><sigh>.  Any suggests out there on what aroids I might try growing (and
>won't drive everyone out of the building while blooming <grin>)?
>
>Thanks much,
>Eric Simpson
>Washington, DC

Are you in a position of such power/status that you could plug in an extra
lite or so at your workstation? Because then the world would be your
oyster, plantwise. What about creating a light garden under your desk? I
used to do this before I got a greenhouse. now I have no plants indoors
whatsoever. Get a light meter and see what footcandles you have.
Interiorscapers(ugh) have placed some plantings in areas with no natural
lighting and they have done well for years.
Hermine