Re: anthurium scherzerianum hybrids

I got my A. rotschildianum from Logees and so it looks like the one you
described in the Logees catalog.  It has done quite well as a house plant.
I grow it in potting soil approximately 10 inches under fluorescent bulbs
(4x30 watts).  It grows quite well and is probably ready for transplanting
into a larger pot (now 8").

Could your browning of leaves be fungus related?  The only times my leaves
turn brown are when they grow so large that they're directly touching the
fluorescent bulb.
       Les