Re: Jack in the pulpit

>Hi folks,
>
>I have a flat of Jack-in-the-Pulpit seedlings with solitary leaflets. I
>would like to get the maximum growth out of these. Is there a proscribed
>technique for getting them to grow through the summer?
>
>Dick Wagner
>Atlanta

It is my understanding that they really do need a period of rest, dormancy,
before they will go through another productive period of growth.  Maybe put
them in the fridge for a month or so?  Does anybody have any suggestions
for this dormancy?
Stacy

     ---Stacy Holtzman
sholtzma@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu---
---Howard Hughes Medical Institute,  Biology Dept.,  Indiana University,
Bloomington, IN 47405---