Re: Alocasia fallax

According to Aroideana, vol.7, no.3 & 4, pages 137 & 158, A. fallax is
actually A. navicularis. The name A. fallax is considered to be invalid.

I was prompted to open Stearn when I saw this name because many years ago
I fractured a tiny bone called a tiny bone in my right hand, called a
"navicular". Stearn says this means "boat shaped". What do you see that
could be interpreted as boat shaped, a leaf, a spathe?