Re: Anthurium Leafs

I'm not familiar with these plants but it could be epidermal blister
patterns as seen in Pilea cadieri and many begonias of the angelwing type.
See my review on variegation patterns in HORTSCIENCE  32:773-784  for more
photos and details.

At 03:06 PM 1/20/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Aroiders, Anthuriophiles,
>which cellular structures in Anthurium leafs are responsible for that
>sparkling and glimmer which can be seen at some species from Section
>Cardiolonchium, for example. A. crystallinum?
>Are there Calcium-oxalat Raphides in upper leaf layers, or what else.
>And could this only be seen in this section? (I think it is not so).
>And is it worthy to take a look in the microscope?
Michael Marcotrigiano (email:  marcotrigiano@pssci.umass.edu)
Rm 211 French Hall
Dept. of Plant and Soil Sciences
Univ of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003  USA
voice: 413-545-5227
fax: 413-545-3075 att: Michael Marcotrigiano