Re: Venezuelan heliconia?

Pete, it wasn't I who did the first mailing;  it was Jason Hernandez.
And, no, he didn't specify the size of the plants, but he did say
they are "pasture weeds," which is just one reason I don't think
they could be Phenakospermum.  That's ("pasture") also why it's dif-
ficult, for me at least, to think the plants in question could
be a Calathea species, as all I know of are understory subjects--
I, of course, don't know all the 300 or so species ....

We've done Heliconiaceae, Strelitziaceae, Marantaceae and Cannaceae;
anyone got any AROID possibilities?  ;-))

rlr