Re: A. titanum

<<<<In a message dated 6/22/00 7:21:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
zzamia@hargray.com writes:

<< What about all of the other species? There are
 many, many more with much more beautiful foliage and much more
 inflorescence. I guess we are just all too enamored with the
hugeness of A.
 titanum. >>

Size tends to impress people, with or without other good
quailties.  The
saying, "Bigger is better," while not always true, is still widely

Jason Hernandez
Naturalist-at-Large >>>>

What about crossing smaller, diminutive by titanum standards, species with
interesting inflorescences to titanum. Hybrid vigor, shorter maturation
time, and enlargement of desired floral characteristics.

C'mon, its been done everywhere else from Alocasia to Zandescantia ('xcuse