Re: Info on Epipremnum spp.

  • Subject: Re: Info on Epipremnum spp.
  • From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:49:48 -0500 (CDT)

Culturally the Marble Queen and Jade are distinctly differtent from the
Golden form and do not tolerate as much light as the latter. It may be
as simple as a single yellow leaf pigment missing from the Jade and
Marble Queen forms. I think all of them would have same mature size leaf
if given proper light and fertilizer. The magnesium requirement is
higher on the Jade form. A trait I always attributed this to the higher
volume of green pigment per leaf in Jade as opposed to the variegated
area totally lacking pigment or containing just yellow pigment in the
variegated forms.