Re: Warning!!!!!

  • Subject: Re: Warning!!!!!
  • From: Regferns@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 01:17:15 -0500 (CDT)

In a message dated 07/26/2001 1:35:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
newton@coiinc.com writes:

I would appreciate some dialog on this topic to see if I am, in fact, of the
minority opinion in which case we should all be allowed to plunder other
countries national treasures whether plants or historical icons, works of
art and so on.

My two cents--Too bad someone did not go to Afghanistan recently and plunder
those national treasures and historical icons before the Afghanistan
government foolishly and arbitrarily DESTROYED them because of religious
intolerance.  Not all laws are made with the best intentions.  Future and
local generations surely won't be able to enjoy these (now destroyed)
monumental objects of antiquity.

Reggie Whitehead
South Miami, FL