Amorphophallus konjac, multiple buds.

  • Subject: Amorphophallus konjac, multiple buds.
  • From: ". ." <iamwhatiam52@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 00:40:43 -0500 (CDT)

this is a followup to an old message, so I'll repeat the previous info:
I had a 35 pound konjac bulb with a damaged flower bud that shriveled up.
Instead, multiple growing buds formed.  Afraid that allowing the buds to
grow would result in many small bulbs this fall instead of one huge one, I
cut off all but one, and planted the beast in the ground.

The bud poked it's tip out of the ground about two and a half weeks ago.
As of now, one 3 1/2 inch diameter stalk has grown to 4 ft 6 in tall, and
the leaf is about to open.
So far, so good.  I'll let you all know what the bulb looks like when I dig
it up this fall.

Mitch